Sunday, January 30, 2011

This weekends shopping, other deals...

*don't forget to follow my other blogs and check out my next posts there! www.fitgirlwannabe.blogspot.com and www.passionatemotherhood.blogspot.com

Here's what I price matched this week at Walmart:
Gerber 2nd foods pears: .79 each
Campbell's Homestyle chicken soup 1.00
Totinos .96 each (I bought 10 and used 2 '$1 off 5' coupons)
iceberg lettuce .88
bananas .39lb
green peppers .50 each
buddig ham .50 each
8oz generic shredded cheese 1.50 each
3# bag froz bone/skinless chicken breasts 3.99
18ct eggs 1.39

I also got some good deals elsewhere...

TARGET
Activa 4pk yogurt $1.87
-$1 off 1 coupon
= $.87 each

Market Pantry 8oz shredded cheese, on sale for $1.89 each
-$1 off 2 coupon
=$1.39 each

Kraft American Cheese 16ct slices on sale for $2.39 (just paid $2.68 for this same pk last week at Walmart)
- 2 '$1 off 1' mft. coupons
-$1 off 2 Target coupon
=$.89 each!
**Does anyone know if American cheese freeze well? We bought block cheese and froze it but I am finding after thawing out that it doesn't shred well...it has a tendency to 'crumble'...?

Also, I got 2 good catalina coupons at this transaction: one for '1.50 off 3 Market Pantry cheese' and one '$1 off 1 Activa yogurt', so I will be getting more of the Activa next weekend and more cheese if its still on sale.

WALGREENS
They had in their ad last week '$2 for 5' for thier Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon. My girls LOVE this stuff and its normally $3 a box at Walmart. They also had their small stayfree packs on sale for $1.99 (I think it was a 24ct) and I had some coupons that are expiring soon and a $2 Register Reward so here's what I did:
2 bacon -$5
2 Stayfree -$1.99 each
-used $2 Register Reward
-used 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free mft coupon
Total =5.27

Here are some good deals I am seeing in the Sunday paper ads:

BAKERS
*the following are 'buy 10 get $5 off your grocery order with card', the price reflects the discount
-Hunt's Diced tomatoes .49
-Rotel tomatoes .49
-Hormel Chili .89
-Philadelphia Cream cheese 8oz 1.19 (even better if you have a coupon!)
-Progresso .99 (look for $1 off 4 coupon from the coupon inserts from this month)

HYVEE
Mega Cereal sale: Lucky Charms 24oz, Honey Nut cheerios 25.25oz or Cinnamon Toast Crunch 24.9oz box :2.99 each
I have a coupon for $1.50 off 2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch, so I plan to use that to get an even better deal. That size box, I believe, is usually $3.68 at Walmart

DOLLAR GENERAL
oreos 2.00
Pringles 3pk 3.00
Spaghettio's and meatballs 1.00
Malt O Meal 1.67 (great deal if you still have the '$2 off 2' coupon from the Sunday inserts this month!)

Hope you are finding some good deals this week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have some good deals. I am in the process of making my mammoth shopping list- trying to do the whole month in one shot. Usually, I can get everything for the meals but have to go back to the store for fresh fruit. But maybe not, we will see how I can conserve.

    ReplyDelete